In pregnancy, we need to take care of baby AND take care of mama! In Prenatal Pilates, you will learn proper body mechanics and breathing techniques as you navigate your growing belly and prepare your body and mind for birth. We work the deep core and postural muscles as well as legs, glutes, and arms to maintain strength and assist with alignment of the changing body.
These one on one sessions are tailored to your specific health conditions, trimester, and how you are feeling each day. Sessions incorporate mat and reformer exercises to strengthen your body and will leave you feeling better, lift your mood, and increase confidence! Prenatal Pilates is also a great accompaniment to childbirth classes in Leesburg, Ashburn and Aldie, Virginia.
Instructor Alicia Thomasson is a certified Pre & Post Natal Pilates Specialist through The Center For Women’s Fitness.
Benefits of pregnancy exercise:
- Lesser chance of abdominal separation (diastasis recti)
- Strengthens core and pelvic floor muscles
- Shorter labor
- Reduced back pain and strain
- Prevents gaining excess weight
- Prevents constipation and swelling
- Improves sleep
- Improves energy, mood and posture
- Increases self esteem and body image
- Increases flexibility
- Quicker recovery postpartum
Prenatal Pilates is also a great accompaniment to childbirth classes in Leesburg, Ashburn and Aldie, Virginia.
Sessions are 45 minutes and take place at our boutique studio in Aldie, Virginia.